Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Power to the People!

Well today (and yes I realise I've posted 2 blogs at once... but I wrote the other one a few days back) I had my first encounter with the Department of Customs and Irritation... and I won! Muahahaha... Was expecting a package from the folks in Oz via DHL, and it was quite the large box... so I got a phone call from DHL that ZIMRA (the customs people) wanted to charge me $92 US for import duty tax. Needless to say I was peeved... but a visit to them and a presentation of my tourist visa sorted them out quick smart. Used personal clothing required no tax, especially for a visitor... so I walked away with my stuff and no charge, yay!!!!!! Heehee... on that note, tomorrow we welcome a new Zimbabwe... fingers crossed it goes smoothly and that the future is prosperous for us all!!!! Keep well guys ;-)

1 comment:

Jenny and Bram Mul said...

Yes! Power to the people. It happened. Hopefully a new era for the zimbabwians with more freedom and improving conditions! Was there a party on the streets?